Saturday, April 28, 2007

Manifesting a life






So now that you know a little bit about me, I can tell you that I'm creating this blog in the hope that I'll be discovered. Yes, I'm sure you know the feeling. That little feeling inside that dreams and hopes of someone recognising your special thing and calling you out of the crowd to walk the star path..... A feeling often associated with feelings of doom as you think you'll never make it no matter how much you wish for it. A bit like Tinkerbell. If you believe in her enough she'll come back to life, but what if you can't muster enough belief? There would have to be some guilt associated with that wouldn't there??.......


But here I am hoping and dreaming strong, because I can't avoid the knowledge that the things I make are so very very different to all the things I've seen in a life of disinterestedly looking through knitting and crochet patterns. Even different to the things I've seen since I've become a dedicated fibre feeler. I can't help but think that I'm a movement waiting to happen.


That if I could infect the population of the world with my fibre disease that leaves me sleepless at nights as I try to keep my brain in my head and out of the whirl of ideas, that it might just leave the world a more peaceful place. A more fulfilled place.


The most curious thing occured when I first learnt to spin. I felt a big hole inside me being filled, that I didn't even know I had. And on further reflection I thought that hole was probably a similar hole to a lot of other folk. The hole left in a species when machines start to take over the menial tasks. The hole left where our trades of farmer, merchant, blacksmith, spinners and weavers, basketmakers and the rest of it used to live. Now that we engage in tasks not directly associated with our comfort and survival, which mostly involve pushing pens around paper, there's maybe not as much job satisfaction in the world as there could be.
Anyhow. So there you have it. The plot and subplot. Trying to find an outlet for my stuff has been an interesting journey. And where I'm going now will be an even more interesting one. I reckon the idea of an online journal kind of thing is a groovy way of reporting this kind of experiment, so here we go...............

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lady, I LOOOOVVVEEE your style and energetic vision!!! You're already doing it, from spirit to heart to hands....always do for yourself first, embrace it and others eventually will reach out....again, when you are a visionary, it takes time. Always do you, always do you!!!!
I'll email you...
GinaRenay

Hellena said...

Lady, I LOOOOVVVEEE your style and energetic vision!!! You're already doing it, from spirit to heart to hands....always do for yourself first, embrace it and others eventually will reach out....again, when you are a visionary, it takes time. Always do you, always do you!!!!
I'll email you...
GinaRenay

Anonymous said...

i love you mumsie darling!! i think your whole amazing blog is fantastic...i miss you even though i am writing this wile your up in the bus!!! i love you tremendously..love jess
(p.s just to let u kno9w iuts me and not some crazy physco,i love to play the piano!)