Friday, April 27, 2007

Spunout's attempt to crochet the world




It's confirmed, my mission has been created. I will endeavour to crochet the world......




Hellena Post


Lover of Currawong


Mother of Jess, Griffyn, Lilith and Spiral-Moon


Spinster and Creatrix.








About 5 years ago now, my mother bought me a spinning wheel as a birthing present, and sat me down at it.

"Spin clockwise, ply anticlockwise, and learn when to stop" she instructed as she left me to it.

I learnt the first two, but the last has evaded me altogether.


Since then, I've embarked on an odyssey of textile discovery and experimentation, leading me down new and trailblazing ways of crocheting, adding lots of diverse elements, and stretching the boundaries of messing about with fleece.


I've coined the term Post Phyber Philosophy to describe my approach to fibre work. I believe everything to be intrinsically connected, and follow my connection down the web work of paths that my fibres come from and go to. Stir a concoction of consciousness, law of attraction, quantum physics, and lush fibre exploration, and you have a whiff of the Post Phyber Philosophy brew....


I make wearable art with mostly crochet or hooking, as well as creating felt people and making a serious attempt to crochet the world. I crocheted our Toyota Commuter that we cruise around in. Seat covers, rugs, nappy bag, shelves, cargo nets, clothes bags, book bags, you know the rap.


And after learning about the law of attraction and how what you focus on you get more of, I realised I should stop focusing, fighting against, and worrying about all the bad stuff, ( and gawd knows there's enough of that to choose from ) and instead, focus on what I want more of! Simple really. World peace, reforestation, a healthy biosphere, more rain, and love, respect, equality and freedom for all of us animals.......


No comments: